Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 February 2015

My House, the Coffin



My house is a coffin shaped house
It's a Mausoleum
Oh, here he goes again, moping, feeling sorry for himself
Do you know how many people haven't got their own homes?
People would kill for a coffin shaped house like yours.
Well kill me then
cos
I don't want to live in my coffin shaped house no more
in a dead end street
in a working class area.
Treading water
Learned Helplessness
I return every day after being out
I always return
One day I never want to return to a coffin shaped house 
in a dead end street
in a working class area
but I can't escape
because I've got no job
cos 
I've got an history of Mental Health
that goes along with me.
It's my shadow
Screw down the lid,
lock the front door.
Auction this house
so that the poor 
can be beaten
by a property developer 
to the bargain of the century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fruity old fruit bats

  Hello my fruity old fruit bats! That is a term of endearment by the way. I thought I would treat you to a piece of prose rather than the b...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman