Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 12 June 2015

Psychotherapy in the Welsh Language






Those of you who have been picking over the entrails of this blog will not be surprised to hear that I am thinking of becoming a Psychotherapist. Wasting more money on training and for a qualification  which I will probably get 5 years use of before retirement. At age 21 I received treatment from a Psychiatrist and Psychologist through the medium of Welsh. Lucky me, I hear you cry! My treatment as well as my education was paid for privately. The only snag was that I only had a 7 year old's Welsh so the terms went over my head. I understood the diagnosis: "Extremely Sensitive". 18 years and a prison sentence later I receive the diagnosis 'Bipolar Disorder'. I know which diagnosis and which language I prefer. I wonder if I could get crowd-funded to becoming a Psychotherapist in the Welsh Language. There's going to be a need of them if the census figures carry on with their downward trend. Talking therapy for people faced with losing their 'enaid' their 'soul'. I believe that in the years to come, we will be facing a Mental Health epidemic, in fact it has begun. Carl Jung's collective unconscious is at play here. What happens to one, happens to all! If you haven't heard it already, here is me, yewers truly talking in a strange mongrel accent on a BBC phone in programme about Mental Health this week. I come in at 30.45.


Diolch am wrando/Thank you for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fruity old fruit bats

  Hello my fruity old fruit bats! That is a term of endearment by the way. I thought I would treat you to a piece of prose rather than the b...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman