Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 December 2016

HMRC/ADVANTIS/WORKINGTAXCREDITS



I know that some of you read this blog especially the very popular Guest Blog Posts. Back in June, as some of the twitteratti will know I walked Offa's Dyke to raise money for Mental Health Charity Mind. My kind and generous sponsors raised £416.71 I arrived back in Cardiff the day before the European Referendum Election. There on the door mat was a letter from HMRC telling me that they overpaid me working tax credits from 2014 to that pre Brexit present date. What they didn't know is that the £52.10 a week that they were sending me was the only money that I was receiving and living on having waived my right to Job Seekers Allowance back in 2014. I didn't want to undergo the ignominy of being sanctioned and being sent for jobs and training that would trigger my mental health condition so I decided to apply for Working Tax Credits because I was working more than 30 hours a week (Voluntarily) in various roles including caring. I didn't realise back in 2014 that I was eligible for Carers Allowance because they don't tell you. Now HMRC having been handed back the contract by American Company Concentrix, are employing a Debt Collection Agency called Advantis from Stoke on Trent to hassle me to pay one lump sum back that they claim they paid me incorrectly. Their mistake and my punishment. In the month that Her Majesty and her Buckingham Palace are down for a £369 million pound rewiring, this Government under its un-elected monarch's name are pursuing the most awkward and bloody minded members of society. Even though I am not as productive and give as much value back to society as you my readers and tax payers, I do try in my own small way to entertain and find a pathway through.  Even though my life experience and my book make it patently obvious that I am unable to be a well behaved servile member of society, certain institutions are hell bent on continuing to kick the shit out of me. Having heard the news about Concentrix and their sledgehammer to crack a nut strategy in relation to Working Tax Credits, I have decided as of this morning to ignore any further communications from Her Majesty's lackeys and if they insist on the avenue of bailiffs and a court case, rest assured fellow shark fisherpersons, you will be the first to know.   

2 comments:

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman