Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 February 2018

I shall never wear tweeds


Melancholic alcoholic on the anabolic carbolic
folic acid attacks on pregnant muvvers
leading sons to become muggers.
Authority, Conformity, Banality
It's all here in what you call reality.
I'm passing the buck, I don't give a fuck.
You take relish in saying
"The world doesn't owe you a living"
after taking my exams and failing.
I'm just a name, a face in the crowd
Barcode Brexit Britain
cos I'm claiming benefits
I'm a stain on your reputation as a global imperial power
Your royal blue bloods are turning sour.
You want me to shop my arse off at Christmas
vote for your party, obey all your laws, I step out of line you show me your claws.
The Peelers and Coppers of whom I could be one, stop me "the name's red" with a Tazer Gun.
beaten blue and black cos I dared to fight back
Hushed up, covered up!
What goes on in the cell, stays..
"Don't touch that bell."
Appropriate restraint, it ain't.
Don't look, don't touch, you don't want much!
Girlfriend and me going in for the immaculate conception so I don't labour under the misconception that I have any right to bite her neck when I'm feeling lustful and boastful
There's nowhere to turn so I pull my hoody up and sit on the bus and watch all the fuss.
I blaze like there's no tomorrow,
I wish that there wasn't
I'll have to borrow your sanity and probity
I need a lobotomy
I can't live in my head
I wish you weren't dead
Why do I think that going to bed will solve all my problems?
Do you know the reason that people don't fear mortality?
Because they are tired and remarkably are ready to rest
The older you get, you run out of zest.
I'd rather go at 27 than 69 but it's whatever you want.
All's just fine
Don't be surprised when I turn into the melancholic alcoholic on the anabolic carbolic because there's nothing here for me.
but I'll tell you sumffink for nuffink
I shall never wear tweeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fruity old fruit bats

  Hello my fruity old fruit bats! That is a term of endearment by the way. I thought I would treat you to a piece of prose rather than the b...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman