Cymru/Wales: Bipolar Nation

Total Pageviews

Friday 23 January 2015

Taxes to Tincture




Taxes to Tincture

It's survival of the fittest
at the Pharmacy
in the supermarket
in Wales
where your tablets, potions and lotions
are free.
"Am Ddim" the pensioners cry, moving
en masse, arm in arm to the chemist's counter.
"Excuse me my good man, are you the apothecary,
the alchemist that turns taxes into tincture?"
"I am the very same"
said the man with the skeleton head cane.
"What can I do you for"?
"Doctor do ave given me a script,
summat to keep me away from the crypt.
I'm down the surgery every day
as you know, I don't have to pay
I get 10 minutes with the nice foreign man
cos nobody listens
now that I've lost Mam.
Surgery is Ok but if he mentions Hospital
I go away.
I can't walk up to Bronglais on the Hill
I'd rather take a F**k Off suicide pill.
There's nowhere to park
People go there to cark"
There's something not right
People are taking the piss
time to start charging, pay
or it's the Glasgow kiss.
"Am ddim" they cry
"we'll take anything,
cos we don't want to die". 


am ddim: for free 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Death by Taxes

"Individuals and businesses not paying the tax they should deprives the government of the funding it needs to provide vital public serv...

Blog Archive

Bottom of the Ottoman

Hitler navigates the A487 from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth

Goodreads

David's books

How To Be Idle
Second Sight
Freud: The Key Ideas
The Yellow World
Intimacy: Trusting Oneself and the Other
Going Mad?: Understanding Mental Illness
Back To Sanity: Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Ham on Rye
Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania
Memories, Dreams, Reflections
Mavericks
Murder in Amsterdam: The Death of Theo van Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
I Bought a Mountain
Hovel in the Hills: An Account of the Simple Life
Ring of Bright Water
The Thirty-Nine Steps
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Seat of the Soul


David Williams's favorite books »

Bottom of the Ottoman